Omokoroa Boat Club
"The Omokoroa Boat Club" was founded in the 1950's by a small group of like minded people who held their first meeting in a small smoko shed situated on The Esplanade. Over the ensuing years this small group of members used many different makeshift venues for their meetings and despite numerous setbacks continued to survive. The membership gradually increased and by the early 1980's enough money was accumulated by the members from fundraising events, debentures and donations from local businesses to achieve their dream of having a proper Clubhouse.
Site of the Omokoroa Boat Club - 1950